When we started in creating a WordPress site, it happens very often that it’s hard to understand terms key and it’s still complicated for a person who has no knowledge of basic web oriented computer. Don’t worry, this blog aims to direct you from low level until the success of your web site. For this tutorial, let’s talk about the plugin, which is critical to good shape a wordpress website, at the end I put at your disposal a few links that lead to other guides.
What is a plugin?
Plugins are developed extensions to extend the functionality of WordPress, so add your site positions, who do not have been integrated into the wordpress software. Plugins are shortcuts to your site in order to perform actions that you customize, without having to build the functionality from scratch.
Know that now, there are thousands of WordPress plugins to various functions including:
- page builder
- creation of bid forms
- subscription to the newsletter
- web site security
- optimization of your website
- sharing to social networks
- creating an online store
How to install a new Plugin?
To start the installation of plugins, go to Plugins-> add’ and just do a search. It is to reassure you that the installation is easy once you find a plugin you like, simply click “install”.
Keep in mind that there are more than 30,000 free plugins which will differ depending on the task at hand. But before installing, I suggest you read this article: 10 things you need to know about the use of WordPress plugins.
To save your time, I provided below a list of the plugins more popular that webmasters have found useful:
- Contact form 7: this plugin is useful when you have to put a contact form on an about page or contact. It’s an impressive, free, plugin that has helped more than thousands of webmasters. With this plugin, visitors can fill out the form and send an email without logging in their own email account. If you want to do something like this, go to this link: a step by step guide for establishing a contact form.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress: Yoast SEO is the first SEO plugin every WordPress user should install. This plugin takes care of many aspects of your SEO google, bing… With Yoast SEO, you get a set of features which helps you to aim for first place in the search results.
- Google Analytics: are you interested in finding out the number of visitors/traffic and tracking their behavior? Just install this plugin, connect it only to your account Googleet you have done on your web site traffic report.
For more findings on best wordpress plugins, please visit these links below: